So did Video end up Killing the Radio Star?
My daughter is doing EduDance this term at school, and this is the song which their dance instructor has chosen for their performance.
I loved this song – it had a really weird vibe and never quite made sense! I just liked singing the end chorus bit.
Here is some interesting information about this song:
- This song relates to concerns about mixed attitudes towards 20th-century inventions and machines for the media arts.
- It is in the key of D flat major
- The tempo is 132 beats per minute
- Topped 16 international music charts
- Based on 6 basic chords
- Is musically complicated though because of it’s key of D flat major, suspended and ninth chords
- The song includes instrumentation of drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, synth strings, instruments, piano, glockenspiel, marimbas and other futuristic, twinkly sounds, and vocals
- The male voice echos are supposed to sound like they are coming through a telephone
- It has rarely been performed live
- There have been 22 successfully recorded cover versions.
What other interesting facts would you ad about this song?